Thursday, January 28, 2021

 The Cosmic Christ of Colossians Day 20!

With this post we end our time in Colossians!  I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.  I hadn't spent a lot of time in Colossians before except to quote a few verses here and there, and I was delighted to find so much passion and love there from Paul to a congregation he had never even visited!  He didn't even start it and yet he loved them as his own - a granddaughter church as we talked about early on.

In the closing verses Paul greets people as was customary in these letters in Paul's day.  And now we can see who they are and understand Paul's love for them!

With this we take a break for a couple weeks until Lent begins.  You'll receive a Prayer Journal before Ash Wednesday to guide us through the Season of Lent.

And again, if you have Amazon Prime, check out Paul:  Apostle of Christ for a great 90 minute movie about Paul's last days in prison.  I think you'll enjoy it!

If you want to go back to the Ephesians study and look through those, here's a link to Day 1 of Ephesians:  https://zionephesians.blogspot.com/2020/10/ephesians-study-day-1-today-we-begin.html

THANKS so much for joining on this journey through Colossians.  I look forward to our next time together.  And with that, here's the video:


It seems appropriate to end this time together with Amazing Grace, My Chains Are Gone!  It's a great version by Pentatonix - so sing along!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 The Cosmic Christ of Colossians Day 20! With this post we end our time in Colossians!  I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.  I h...