Monday, January 25, 2021

 The Cosmic Christ of Colossians Day 16!

Today we have just one verse, chapter 4 verse 1:  "Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly, for you now that you also have a Master in heaven."

Looking at this verse is challenging, though I think if we look at it contextually in terms of what was happening in Paul's day, and think of it in terms of the fragile situation of the struggling small church in Colossae, we can find some respect and fairness and justice there.  Paul says in other places that there is neither Jew nor Greek, male nor female, slave nor free because we are all one in Christ Jesus.  

So I think if it's seen in the proper context it's easier to understand.  See what you think!




And here's a familiar song, Be Thou My Vision with beautiful scenery and words so you can sing along!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 The Cosmic Christ of Colossians Day 20! With this post we end our time in Colossians!  I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.  I h...